The newest masterpiece from Ferris Wheel Press, The Bijou – Inspired by crown jewels and characterized by two new, mesmerizing lacquer finishes. Available in Sapphire Lacquer and Snowfall Lacquer options, both convey a stunning play on light. This symphony of visual delight continues with an intricately detailed grip, and double gold-plated brass hardware.
At the heart of The Bijou lies a new two-tone No. 5 steel nib; experience smoothness in every stroke. With improved machining and threading accuracy, expect a high-quality instrument that is equipped with a removable feeder unit that allows for easy maintenance. The Bijou arrives with a standard international size ink converter, ready for your favourite Ferris Wheel Press ink and next stroke of brilliance.
The Bijou proudly claims the honour of receiving Lord H.H. Evergreen's Loyal Warrant, an emblem of unrivalled quality and prestige in the Ferris Wheel Press universe. The Bijou is the compact instrument of choice appointed by Lord Evergreen and the Loyal Family of Ferris Wheel Press.
- All new signature two-tone No. 5 smooth writing steel nib
- Stunning Blue Lacquer finish with mesmerizing depth
- Intricately detailed brass grip with double gold plated finish
- Removable nib and feeder
- Total length: 145.7 mm
- Cap length: 56.3 mm
- Grip length: 21 mm
- Body length 91.3 mm
- Total weight: 22.7 g
- Nib: Two-Tone Stainless Steel #5 in Fine or Medium, removable feeder
- Filling System: Standard International size piston converter
- DO NOT post the cap onto the back of the pen when writing. The pen has been designed and balanced to write with the cap un-posted. Don't worry, the nut-shaped cap will prevent it from rolling away
- The threads of the cap are brass so they can damage the finish of the paint if you post the cap
- Store pen vertically with the tip pointing upwards when not in use to minimize clogging
- The brass is designed to patina and age gracefully over time, and consistent use will ensure the finish stays brilliant. However, you can also use standard brass cleaner to restore the finish.
Filling your Bijou Fountain Pen
- Unwind the grip from the barrel of the pen to reveal the converter
- Pull the converter off of the grip assembly
- Clean your nib and converter by rinsing it in cold water until water runs clear
- If the pen has not been in use for a few weeks, you may need to submerge the nib for an hour to loosen up the ink
- Air dry the nib and converter and reassemble when fully dry
- Twist the end knob until the piston is fully depressed
- Submerge the entire nib into the ink, and SLOWLY twist the piston to draw the ink until the converter is fully extended
- It is normal to have some small air pockets at the top of the converter