25 Ways to Fill a Journal Page
Ever get the urge to write, create, or just be in your journal? You pull out that perfect book you spent an hour picking out, you open up to the next blank page, possibility abounding, and then...nothing. Fear not! The below suggestions will get your creative art/writing journal juices flowing in no time.
1. Make a list. Make a list of dreams, wants, needs, to-dos, to-haves, anything.
2. Make it colorful. Fill your page with color in whatever ways you can imagine. Pastels, colored pencils, paint, dirt, household chemicals...
3. Fill it with your favorite lyrics or quotes.
4. Sketch a scene from real life.
5. Make a mind map
6. Write a letter to someone.
7. Fill your page with a single shape. Circles, squares, etc. But don't draw any of them!
8. Make a collage with the daily newspaper.
9. Write down 20 things you're grateful for.
10. Write a story about your upcoming year.
11. Make ten different textures on your page with whatever medium you enjoy.
12. Take it to an art museum and create an original version of your favorite work.
13. Use Flickr to find inspiration for your next page.
14. Illustrate a scene from your perfect day.
15. Make a mini inspiration board of things you want to manifest in your life.
16. Explore a new technique such as tea-staining or using gesso.
17. Use your page to brainstorm ideas about your other art. Paint a new jewelry design, sketch out a scrapbook page, etc.
18. Use something from nature in your page.
19. Make a portrait of yourself using magazine clippings.
20. Write the first word that comes to mind. Fill the rest your page with images related to your word.
21. Tear a page out of another book and use it as the basis of a new page.
22. Use your page to set your artistic goals for the upcoming month, quarter, or year. Make it beautiful.
23. Make a collage inspired by your perfect day.
24. Change up your location to boost your inspiration. Create a page outside, at your friend's house, at the mall, at a playground, etc...
25. Just show up. No matter what you're feeling, open up your notebook, show up to your page, and it will lead you to your next creation.