The Original Hobonichi Techo Planner
This original form of the Hobonichi Techo has been loved by many users since its introduction in 2002, and the 2024 edition marks the techo’s 23rd year. Its daily pages offer plenty of space to fill despite the book’s compact A6 size. The graph paper offers an open layout for you to neatly lay out writings, clippings, and drawings.
After years of testing, the graph paper has been set to 3.7 mm for optimal writing comfort. The graph paper design allows users to write from any starting point on the page, and the lines have been printed in light colors so users can either customize it to their own layout or ignore it completely.
The Hobonichi Techo includes quotes specially chosen from its parent site, the Japanese web magazine Hobo Nikkan Itoi Shinbun. Each daily page has a quote in Japanese.
The book has the same thread-stitch binding as a dictionary, allowing it to lay flat open for comfortable writing. It stays flat even if you don’t hold it down.
The book uses thin and light yet durable Tomoe River S paper. The paper has supported the Hobonichi Techo for over 20 years with its special characteristics, but it has undergone an overhaul starting with the 2024 edition techos. The paper is more resistant to bleed through, lighter despite being the same thickness, and has a smoother surface by adjusting the fibers of the paper.
Other than the daily pages with lots of space to write, the book contains several sections that are great for schedule management, such as a yearly calendar, monthly calendar, and yearly index page. The back of the book has bonus pages, including An Interview with Myself, Seasonal Sweets to Make at Home, and Caring for Your Eyes.
Although you can use the book on its own, you can enjoy the full experience by pairing it with a cover of your choice. Shop all covers here: Hobonichi Techo 2024
- Dated January 1, 2024 - December 31, 2024
- One day per page
- Monday start
- JAPANESE language version
- Measures 105 mm x 148 mm | 4.1" x 5.8"
- 464 pages
- Stitched binding lays flat for easy writing
- Thin, light Tomoe River S paper resistant to bleeding and specially designed for planners
- Graph paper 4 mm grid
- Yearly Calendars 2023, 2024, 2025
- Yearly Index Dec 2023 - Mar 2025 (8 pages)
- Monthly Calendars Dec 2023 - Mar 2025 (32 pages)
- Daily pages Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2024 (378 pages)
- Include a mini monthly calendar at the bottom right of every two-page spread
- Fun quotes on each two-page spread
- Bonus pages: Time Table / Graph Paper / Favorites / My 100 / An Interview with Myself / Seasonal Sweets to Make at Home / Caring for Your Eyes / Solar Terms / Emergency Preparedness / Conversion Chart / Getting the most of Hobonichi / Gifts / Age Table / Addresses (for 6 people) / Personal Notes
- 14 Memo pages at the back for free use
Explore the entire 2024 Hobonichi Techo Lineup here: Hobonichi Techo 2024