Assistant Manager Washington, DC Location
Our Assistant Manager's responsibilities include being personable, dynamic and engaged when working with customers and staff. You should be an excellent problem solver, able to think on your feet and maintain grace under pressure. Our customers are diverse and international. The Assistant Manager should be comfortable providing the best customer service possible to everyone who walks through our doors.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have at least two years of retail management experience, including experience in inventory, operations and/or shipping and receiving. We use online applications for point of sale, inventory and accounting so you must have experience with multiple digital platforms. You must understand retail math and accounting and be able to prioritize the business when working to provide solutions. Because we often communicate with customers via email, impeccable writing skills with an emphasis on professionalism writing are required. This is a busy store so successful experience with time management and organization will be prioritized.
Experience or an interest in the creative arts, writing, or journaling are also strongly preferred.
Responsibilities may include:
- planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
- designing and building creative in store merchandising based on seasonal marketing campaigns
- creating innovative window and store displays
- opening and closing the store
- managing activity at point of sale
- tracking the progress of monthly and annual objectives
- monitor and maintain store inventory
- providing honest, supportive and constructive feedback to employees and other managers
- training, supervising and motivating staff
- handling complaints from customers
- acting as our store’s representative to set an example for our staff
A successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience as a retail Assistant Manager or in a similar position
- High familiarity with excellent customer service principles
- Strong math skills including the ability to create and analyze spreadsheets
- Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team ethic with a positive problem-solving attitude
- Open availability and flexibility to work during holidays as well as additional or alternate shifts as needed.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree
This is a full-time position with benefits that include health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a generous employee discount. Performance based cash bonuses are also available.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject heading write “Assistant Manager - Dupont Circle"
- Please include:Your resume and one paragraph on why you’d be great at this job