Medieval Hand Sewn Italian Leather Journal
Artisan bookbinding from Italy
To create the Medieval Leather journal, we sought out the softest leather we could find in Italy. Combined with deliciously rich handmade Amalfi paper and rustic stitching, the journal is a magnificent example of traditional bookbinding artistry.
Amalfi paper is handmade in Italy of 100% cotton fiber and has a supple, thick feel, almost like fabric. The sheets are bright white, lightly textured, and have a deckled edge.
The journal is finished with a leather strap that ties around the book to hold the cover closed when you are not writing. From the palm-sized baby to the gigantic extra large size, this is an heirloom quality journal to be treasured.
- Baby 2" x 3"
- Mini 2" x 4"
- Small 4" x 5"
- Medium 5" x 7"
- Large 7" x 9"
- X Large 10" x 14"
- 80 pages (40 sheets)
- Thick natural leather is intentionally distressed and aged.
- BLANK handmade Amalfi paper for sketching and writing
- Fountain pen friendly
- Handcrafted in Italy
This leather journal is artisan crafted with meticulous care. Given its hand-made and hand-finished nature, imperfections are to be expected and celebrated. Each is unique and no two are exactly alike.
This journal looks great personalized with embossing. Add your name or inscription to make it uniquely yours.
- Font: Goudy
- Size: 18 pt. to 36 pt, depending on inscription length
- Color: Blind embossed (no color fill)
- Position: Lower-right corner
- Note: Please keep in mind that smaller sizes have less room for embossing. We recommend initials only on the Baby and Mini sizes.
- Max: 2 Lines, up to 20 characters and spaces per line
- Special requests: Add a note to your order, we'll do our best to accommodate you