The Hobonichi Cousin Now Available in English
The Hobonichi Cousin is a larger, one-day-per-page A5-size techo, with more space to fill with writing and clippings. The book layout is the same as the Japanese edition, as it also contains a page per day, a yearly calendar, monthly calendar, yearly index, and the handy weekly diary where you can view a week at a glance to track your upcoming schedule. In anticipation of the English edition being used in various countries around the world, the calendars do not list holidays.
The page design features 3.7mm graph paper, which is sized to accommodate writing in plans or entries, or drawing charts or pictures. Similar to the Japanese edition, the English edition Cousin has each month printed in a different color.
The book uses thin and light yet durable Tomoe River S paper. The paper has supported the Hobonichi Techo for over 20 years with its special characteristics, but it has undergone an overhaul starting with the 2024 edition techos. The paper is more resistant to bleed through, lighter despite being the same thickness, and has a smoother surface by adjusting the fibers of the paper.
The Hobonichi Cousin is perfect for collecting a great deal of information into a single book, using as a school notebook or parenting diary, or simply writing in larger letters. The larger size means this book is ideal for leaving in a single place at work or at home. The Cousin also has an exclusive section: the popular “Weekly Pages” tracks a week in each two-page spread for easy planning.
The book is designed to be paired with a cover of your choice. Shop all covers here: Hobonichi Techo 2024
- ENGLISH language version
- Monday start
- Dated January 1, 2024 - December 31, 2024
- One week per two-page spread
- Measures 148 mm x 210 mm | 5.8" x 8.3"
- 544 pages
- Stitched binding lays flat for easy writing
- Thin, light Tomoe River S paper resistant to bleeding and specially designed for planners
- Graph paper 3.7 mm grid
- Yearly Calendars 2023, 2024, 2025
- Yearly Index Jan 2024 - Dec 2024 (4 pages)
- Monthly Calendars Dec 2023 - Mar 2025 (32 pages)
- Daily pages Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2024 (378 pages) include a mini monthly calendar on every two-page spread
- Quotes on each two-page spread translated to English
- Information pages include size charts, conversions, holidays, Japanese culture, personal info, and more
The one-day-per-page A5-size techo features more space to fill with writing and clippings and is designed to be paired with the A5 cover of your choice.